Wednesday, August 14, 2013

This quote pissed me off so much I had to take a shot of whiskey.

"I get further away every day. I am so over it. For me, it’s not a happy place to be."- Stephenie Meyer on Twilight.  I read that and I raged at my computer screen for like ten minutes straight. 


I don't like Twilight, or anything Meyer, but for fuck sake that was one of the biggest slaps to the face someone can do to their fans.

I get wanting to move on, that's all fine and dandy there, but to say something so cold about the series that made your rich and basically it's fans is just... I don't even. 

Also how the fuck is it not a happy place? Because not everyone liked it?  Woman, when Anne Rice first got published a lot of people didn't like her take on vampires.  Shit, Interview with the Vampire was technically a failure.  Does she still talk about those characters from her Vampire Chronicles? Always.  Is she grateful for everything it did end up giving her? Yep.  Those books hold a special place in her heart because she is a real writer.

Also Meyer went on to say that people read books and the characters leave them after...
Has this woman read anything outside of the bible?  Characters from books and movies we love never leave us! We fall in love with them and they take up living space in our hearts.  They are what get some of us through the darkest of times.  How dare she!  

She doesn't even know what power books have on people.  The joy and the pain they bring.

I swear by every god and their mother if Ashes has any success and I get stark reactions like Twilight did I will never say something so cold to my fans, ever!

Oh a happier note maybe? This song really makes me think of Patrick.  I don't know why, but I have been listening to it all through the latest chapter:

No comments:

Post a Comment